A CPD approved 2.5 hour online course for all Superyacht Crew
This training will provide a greater understanding of threats, associated risks, mitigation strategies and acts of deterrence including the planning, preparation phases, anti-piracy countermeasures and procedures that are in compliance with documentation provided by DfT Maritime Security and currently BMP4.
Min Age: None
Previous Experience Required
- Introduction to the Course;
- Maritime Piracy & Armed Robbery;
- Post Incident Actions;
- Maritime Terrorism;
- Other Acts of Criminality;
- Threats & Risks;
- Maritime Security Levels;
- Security Plans & SSAS;
- Acts of Deterrence;
- Anti‐Piracy Countermeasures;
- The Citadel Methodology;
- Security Briefings & Roles.
Abilities gained after the course
- Contribute to the enhancement of maritime security (MARSEC) on their vessel through heightened sense of security awareness;
- An increased ability to recognise potential and actual security threats;
- Understand the need for and associated methods of maintaining effective security awareness and vigilance on board the vessel whilst at sea or in port.
MCA (STCW ISPS) Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA) course
All materials are provided.
Training Centres Running This Online Course
- Training Schools
- Location Guide