This course can be taken in a dinghy, small keel boat or multi-hull
Consolidate the skills you have learnt and try some new ones. Taster sessions from the Advanced Modules.
Min Age: 16
Previous Experience Required
Sailing skills to the standard of level 2
- Correct use of centre board and/or crew weight
- Choosing the best routes for varying conditions
- More efficient sailing
- Understanding of basic racing rules.
- Can start and finish a simple race
- Following the International Rules for the Prevention of Collision at sea
- An awareness of changing weather conditions
- Using local tide tables.
Abilities gained after the course
More confident in sailing skills and techniques, and ready to progress onto the advanced modules.
The advanced modules
RYA National Sailing Scheme Syllabus and logbook (G4) ISBN: 9781906435998
RYA Start Sailing Beginners Handbook (G3) ISBN: 9780901501820
Find a Training Centre offering this course
- Training Schools
- Location Guide