Designed to give delegates a full understanding of, and how to implement the ISPS Code and related legislation.
This MCA STCW Proficiency as Ships Security Officer course is run over an intensive 3 days and also includes. It is an MCA Accredited STCW ISPS Proficiency as Ship Security Officer (SSO) Course & meets the requirements of STCW A-VI/5 and is based on the MCA / MNTB Ship Security Officer specifications.
Min Age: 18
Previous Experience Required
- Principles and Responsibilities of National and International Requirements;
- The SSO’s duties & responsibilities;
- Maintaining Ship Security Plans;
- Appreciate the Ship Security Levels;
- The handling of Sensitive Security Related Information;
- Develop and maintain measures for the control of access to the vessel;
- Conduct ship security and risk assessments;
- The use and maintenance of security equipment;
- The handling and safeguarding of stowaways;
- An introduction to Maritime Piracy;
- Maritime Anti-Piracy Countermeasures;
- Implementing effective search mechanisms and security controls.
Abilities gained after the course
MCA (STCW ISPS) Certification
All course materials are included in the training.
- Training Schools
- Location Guide