This course gives a basic induction in safety procedures and accident prevention for those intending to go to sea.
The MCA STCW Personal Safety & Social Responsibility course provides a basic induction in safety procedures and accident prevention and familiarises new seafarers with employment and working conditions aboard merchant vessels. There will be a short exam at the end of the training. This training is intended to meet the requirements set out in Section A-VI/1 of the STCW Code for training in personal safety and social responsibilities.
Previous Experience Required
- Shipboard organisation/General shipboard terms
- Types of emergency which may occur, contingency plans for responses to emergencies
- Comply with emergency procedures
- Observe safe working practices
- Understand and take necessary actions to control fatigue
- Take precautions to prevent pollution of the marine environment
- Familiarisation with international measure concerning accident prevention and occupational health
- Understand orders and communicate with others in relation to shipboard duties
- Social responsibility
Abilities gained after the course
Candidates will receive an STCW Personal Safety & Social Responsibilities (PSSR) Certificate.
All course materials included
Find a Training Centre offering this course
- Training Schools
- Location Guide