An advanced first aid qualification for those on vessels voyaging worldwide
Approved by the MCA, this course is for those people who work at sea and are designated to be responsible for the medical first aid on board vessels operating worldwide and outside the normal rescue range. It is also recommended for those considering blue water cruising.
Min Age: 16
Previous Experience Required
A Proficiency in Medical First Aid on Board Ship Certificate. Please take this along as the course organisers may need to see it.
- Communication with outside authorities such as radio medical advice and port authorities
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- The cardiovascular and respiratory systems
- The abdominal system
- ENT, dental and opthalmology
- Communicable diseases
- Wounds and injuries
- Equipment and information
- Patient management (general)
- Patient management (specific)
- Medical care of children
Abilities gained after the course
You should feel confident to relate what you are seeing to a doctor on a radio or satellite phone. Using your resources you should be able to diagnose conditions and provide medical care until the ship is in range of outside assistance.
Attend updates when required
All reading material is included in the course
Find a Training Centre offering this course
- Training Schools
- Location Guide