Designed to give those undertaking designated security duties on board ship the essential education and training.
Our Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD) course is set out by the STCW Convention and Code as amended by the Manila amendments 2010 that contain new requirements regarding security training. These Regulations came into force on 1 January 2014. This training must be undertaken by all seafarers and security personnel engaged on ship who have designated duties under the Ship’s Security Plan (SSP).
Min Age: 18
Previous Experience Required
- Maintain the conditions set out in a Ship Security Plan (SSP)
- Recognise security risk and threats
- Undertake regular security inspections
- Properly use security equipment and systems
- ISPS Code Overview
- Relevant Codes, International Conventions and Recommendations
- Ship Security Levels
- Ship Security Assessment
- Ship Security Plan
- Performance of Security Duties
- Security Contingencies & Responses
- Bomb and IED threats explained
- Stowaways and refugees
- Maritime Piracy
Abilities gained after the course
A PDSD Certificate
Certificate of Proficiency as Ship Security Officer
All course material is included.
- Training Schools
- Location Guide