Teach Powerboat courses up to RYA Level 2 Powerboating
If you are an experienced powerboater and have completed the instructor’s skills assessment, then learning how to teach powerboating is the right course for you.
Min Age: 16
Previous Experience Required
- Have a minimum of 5 seasons’ experience of powerboating. For those who use powerboats as an integral part of their normal full time employment, this period is reduced to one season
- Hold a valid RYA First Aid Certificate
- Must attend an RYA Powerboat Skills Assessment
This course teaches you how to teach the syllabi for the Powerboat Level 1 & 2 courses. It focuses on using different teaching techniques, looking at the various learning styles, delivering a course, and ensuring you can handle multiple student needs.
You will need to satisfy the instructor/examiner that you can deliver RYA training as well as displaying a high standard of powerboating capability.
- Principles of practical instruction
- Lesson planning
- Teaching styles
- Use of questioning
- Preparation and use of visual aids
- Assessment of students learning
- Explanation and presentation of theory subjects
- The structure of the scheme
- Planning progressive teaching sessions
- Preparation of the boats and equipment
Abilities gained after the course
To be able to instruct for an RYA recognised school up to Powerboat level 2.
Advanced Powerboat Instructor
RYA Power Schemes Instructor Handbook ISBN: 9781906435974
Find a Training Centre offering this course
- Training Schools
- Location Guide