Basic first aid and life support skills. This is an MCA approved course and is the updated STCW95 as amended in 2010
Anyone going to sea should have this training as a minimum requirement. This course comprises a mixture of theory and practical sessions to develop your knowledge and understanding on first aid and life support.
Previous Experience Required
- Initial response to accidents and emergencies
- Assessment of the casualty
- Basic life support and resuscitation techniques
- Bleeding and the control of bleeding
- Crush Injuries
- Shock Management
- Burns and Scalds
- Rescue and transport of the casualty
Abilities gained after the course
After successful completion you will be awarded the STCW Certificate in Elementary First Aid.
All reading material is included in the course.
Find a Training Centre offering this course
- Training Schools
- Location Guide